Tuesday, June 17, 2008

job/cousin

Yeah, yeah, I haven't posted in a while, but it doesn't sound like I'm doing much if I say that I meet friends for dinner/go to get a drink somewhere. I have been working part-time, but also looking for more permanent work.

In the last 5 days, I have had two interviews and one informal one for different jobs such as recruiter, English consultant, and one-on-one English teacher. The last one is with division of Pagoda, my old company, so interview was informal. The other two, I don't know how good my chances are. Obviously, a job is a main concern, but speaking Korean seems to be a forced second concern.

People don't realize that I can speak some basic necessary things to get around the city and to order at restaurants. With this, I am able to do enough, so I don't have total hardship. But, it would be nice to communicate more since I will need it in the future. Unfortunately, I am feeling that people are trying to shove it down my mouth, so it doesn't seem to enjoyable or interesting to study. Hopefully, I will find a greater interest and take more initiative, but for now I will keep looking for a job and be happy with what I have.

I met my cousin today. She has been one of my main communication lines with my mother. She just recently returned from a study abroad to UK, so it was nice to see her again. Also, she had a message from my mom and asked if I had any questions. She knows that it is very difficult for both of us, but hopes that we can have a chance to improve the relationship even with communication problems.

No comments: