Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Medicine/other

Yesterday, I met a friend and her boyfriend. She is a half Korean/American. She grew up in Korea during her elem/middle school years, so her Korean is pretty fluent. She had mentioned that she bought allergy medication at the pharmacy in Korea. I asked her if she could help me get some. She said that she takes Zyrtec and that it is available over the counter. We checked a few pharmacies before we found one that had Allegra-D, which is the one that I previously took and like. She found out that Allegra-D and Zyrtec are available OTC, but regular Allegra without a decongestant is only available by prescription. I purchased a month's worth of Allegra-D, but since it's OTC, there is no insurance coverage. A month's supply cost about $50, but if it helps my allergies than it will be well worth it, especially since I don't have to see a doctor to get it.

I worked out again. Yeah, yeah, my workouts are spread out and not too often. My allergies haven't been treating me great, so that hasn't helped. I going with the slowly, but surely route and hope that I can get into a more regular schedule of exercise. I need to lose a lot of weight, but it isn't going to come off over night. I am writing these updates so hopefully, it will keep me motivated.

Just recently I was reminded that when people quit asking, "what you are doing?" or "why are you doing that?" or "have you found a job?", it isn't because they want to make your life difficult, it's because they still care about your life (kinda like when athletic coaches work you hard because you haven't reached your potential). In the last couple of years, this has happened to me a lot, maybe, because I have chosen a very unique career path that isn't normal and I have received a lot of questions. I am starting to realize I should appreciate all of the people that care, but it has been very difficult to let all of those people know that I love them and appreciate their love, generosity, and friendship, even when my life has lots of obstacles that I have encountered or made for myself. One of these days, my life will move from Search/Nomad Mode (job, home, relationship) to normal life mode, but for now, I am just trying to be "happy" with what I am doing.

Gas prices still going up? Currently, prices are probably just under $8/gallon, which make me happy that I take public transportation everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, "new" little brother! Haven't been on the computer for a while so was excited to catch up w/ your blog. Do they have a Subway there? Ya know, that Jared guy is still pretty skinny. (I just saw a commercial. That sucker's kept it off 10 years, can you believe it?!) Living w/ and feeding your brother isn't really doing my waistline any good either, let me tell ya! I'm working on him though. I think I almost have him convinced that Miracle Whip Light tastes the same as regular Miracle Whip. ;) And I'm going to try and start getting him walking after supper this or next week. I figure we can walk one mile and then I can run a mile afterwards. We'll see how that goes! :)

Anyway, chin up! You'll find your way . . . just have a little faith, work hard and you'll be fine. :)

Miss ya in the States! :)

Chris

P.S. You'll have to e-mail your address to Rodney so we can send you a care package. :)