Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Teaching

I don't know how often I will continue blogging. Yeah, it has been awhile. Yes, I have time to write, but not too interesting when I have to teach writing this semester. After a day of teaching, I don't feel all that enthusiastic to write.

So far, teaching is going well. I have 5 classes of writing and one speaking class. Students are students no matter where in the world you are. They will have the best, usually worst excuses, for why something was late or why they couldn't make it to class. The university setting is a lot better environment for teaching than at my previous job. Students want to or have to study here, where as the old job students went for prestige/status, company requirements/parents, etc.

I am working out, but haven't shown a lot of change. Weight is still about the same, maybe a few kilograms lost. Clothing fits a little better, but only significant change is in neck size. I will continue working out, but I hope to lose weight quicker in the summer, which seems to be easier for me than in the winter.

Another birthday is coming up, so starting to feel older (31, or 32 Korean age). Since I share a birthday with my mom and twin brother, I am used to buying gifts for someone else on my birthday. However, the birthday boy/girl in Korea buys dinner for his/her friends, so I will spending a "pretty penny" two weeks from now.

No comments: