Monday, March 26, 2007

Dilemma

I survived another week of class and cold. Teaching with a cold is miserable, especially with long days and no chance to catch up on rest. I probably should have taken a day off work, but it seems like a hassle.

I am trying to decide where I will live. I have homestay, key money, and location questions. My Korean father has given me a huge dilemma. He is strongly suggesting that I live with his friend, Mr. Han, because he lives near the Kangnam office. I don't really want to trade homestays and have the same problems/inconveniences. I am still unsure if Pagoda will give me "key money" (like a deposit). If I take the key money, it means that I have more obligations to Pagoda, but it also shows that they have a little longer outlook for me teaching. If I don't use key money, my monthly rent will be a substantial amount higher and it will also mean that I will have a lot smaller place. I will most likely get an "officetel" (office/hotel) or read as studio, but I don't know what location. Kangnam is a very expensive location, so I might be better off finding a place a few subway stops away. I really need to make a decision quickly because the current commute is wearing me out and probably the reason that I get sick every month.

No comments: