Tuesday, March 6, 2007

First week work and workout

Well, my first couple days have been quite challenging. I have been trying to determine exactly what I am supposed to be teaching and the difference between classes. Some students are expecting writing and other things, while some are here since it is a Speaking/Listening/Expression class. The managers really never told me what the difference is or what I should use for teaching. Right now, I use a lot of my 9 hour break between morning and night classes to figure out what I should teach. I am still not used to waking up a 5AM and teaching at 7AM.

During my break, I have been trying to exercise. The good part of my gym is that there are trainers. The bad part is that there are trainers. I was given a body composition test. I was weighed and they calculated my muscle and fat mass. The numbers weren't good and my leg muscles are lacking compared to my upper body. They have me stretching, lifting weights, ab exercises, and cardio. I definitely not very flexible anymore. Obviously, I am out-of-shape, so all of the exercises are challenging. Hopefully, I can last long enough, so that it becomes a little more enjoyable.

This week, I finally managed to sign up for health insurance. The national health insurance is pretty cheap, but I am in no hurry to see how much it covers in medical expenses. I will pay about 55 dollars a month, but the bad part is that they are making me pay for all of the time that I have been a registered alien. It means that I have to pay for an extra month of coverage that I didn't use.

My classes are going. I am still learning the ropes on what to teach and making classes interesting. My students are ultra-demanding and I have had a few quit on me. Either I have really large classes or really small classes. I had one class cancelled by management, so they filled in the time with a tutoring clinic. I won't have a complete loss of payment, but not the full pay for the hour of tutoring.

No comments: