Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Korean Mom

Last week, I met my father. I had contacted him about finding my mother and possibly going to Jejudo (Jeju Island). This is the origin of my father's family. When we met, he took me around to a couple offices (education bureau and police station) to search for my mother. He didn't get any results, so I wasn't sure if I would be able to meet her. I knew that I could find her without his blessing, but I wanted to wait if he would use the adoption agency or other search method to find her. I guess that he contacted the agency because they contacted me.

On Oct. 30, SWS (adoption agency) contacted my mother. Oct. 31, they contacted me to find a good time to meet. November 1st, we will meet at SWS for the first time. It should be interesting to meet her. I will have more this weekend.

No comments: