Wednesday, May 28, 2008

cousin/various



On Sunday, I went to my uncle's church again. After church, I met my cousin. He is my uncle's younger son. He lives in Brooklyn and goes to Pratt, which is an art institute. He has a couple years left. Also, he is married with a son. He is home for the summer break. His older brother also lives in Brooklyn.


Tuesday, workout #2

I attempted to run/walk again. I wasn't feeling so good on Monday. I seemed to have some chest congestion/cold that wasn't so good. I definitely had a little difficulty breathing while running. Air pollution isn't as bad in the area I live, but seems to effect my breathing. Or, it could be all of the tree/grass pollens affecting my allergies.


Cell phone

When I first got here, my mom helped me buy a mobile phone with service. In Korea, getting mobile phone service is more challenging than in US. Usually, having a Korean national sign up for you or have business phone is the easiest way without going pre-paid route.


My phone is a new model with a lot of features. Yes, it was expensive, but most phones in Korea are more expensive because most phones get no subsidization from cell providers. My mom paid for it, but I hope to pay for it after I get a job. I could pay for it now, but it isn't the Korean culture way for child to pay for something if parent wants to pay. It is little more acceptable after child gets jobs.
If you can tell by the pic, the whole face is a touch screen. There are only 7 actual buttons on front and side. Some of the nice features that my phone has include Kor-Eng dictionary, subway map, 3Mp camera, video calls, DMB TV service, and some more. Video calls are a little weird because it seems strange to see the person calling in live time with no delay on video feed.






No comments: