Wednesday, January 17, 2007

F4

Wednesday, January 17th,

I went to immigration yesterday. I picked up my passport with F-4 visa and my alien registration card. With my F-4 visa, I can stay in Korea for two years with possible renewal. I don't know how long I will be here, but this visa will make it easier for me to change jobs if I want and stay a little longer. Most American English teachers get an E-2 visa and they are contractually obligated to their institutes, which are one year visas.

So far, Pagoda Academy and teaching is good. I will be giving my first quiz/test this week. It should be interesting to see how many students show up and how many pass. Only 12 days until my first month of teaching is over. Since February is short, they start it on January 31st and I get Tuesday, January 30th as a day off.

In other news, Mrs. Kim is attempting to get her driver's license and has been going to a private driving school on Saturdays. She took her test on Tuesday, but failed, so she will have to practice for another five hours before trying again. Many of my students have their driver's license, but Mrs. Kim is the second person that I know that is older than me and learning to drive. A person in China that I know also was practicing to get her driver's license when I was living in Shanghai.

No comments: